Would you like to work in a team where everyone is heard and valued? This is what democratic leadership is all about, which we will explain below.
It is a modern and effective management style, in which leaders work in collaboration with their team to reach common goals.
It is a working method where the management style actively involves all team members, either to make a decision or to reach common goals. This method of working is ideal because it ensures that all opinions are considered and that all team members feel heard. This causes an increase in involvement with the company and also very high levels of proactivity.
Below we explain what their characteristics are.
- Maintain healthy communication with all group members.
- Great adaptation to changes. This flexibility allows them to respond more positively to both changes and challenges.
- Promotion of a good working environment and good collaboration between the team.
- Delegation of responsibilities. This is one of the most important, since by doing this the chances of the entire workload falling on a single person is minimal.
Finally, we explain some of the advantages of applying this leadership method:
- We work to create a safe environment so that everyone can give their ideas.
- All members of the group play an active role in decision-making and the achievement of goals.
- Everyone will experience a greater sense of permanence.
- An efficient team with a better ability to take advantage of opportunities is achieved.
- Long-term workers show higher job satisfaction.
- The team gains autonomy and they feel confident in their actions and decisions.
Now that you know democratic leadership and all its characteristics and advantages, are you encouraged to apply it?
We are Badalona’s Business Center, to give visibility and possibilities to your business. In Espai 114 together we are a team; we want to inspire and accompany you.