How to deal with the return from holidays?
Once September has begun, few people have yet toreturn to work after a few days off.
Suddenly moving from a state of prolongedrelaxation and recreation to a marked daily routine of tasks and projects, can cause a sudden change that leads to a loss of motivation and interest.
This situation is called post-holiday syndrome and is shown in the form of tiredness, a misaligned sleep cycle, lack of concentration, apathy…
You don’t have to worry if this list of symptoms looks too much like how you feel on your return to work, since this “syndrome” will last a few days before it disappears.
Are you employer, freelance or employed? Either way, consider returning with enthusiasm. Set new goals and objectives to help you maintain motivation. You return from the holidays with the batteries loaded and the new beginnings are accompanied by new opportunities.
Whether you have already finished your days off as if you still have a few to enjoy, the following tips can help you make your return a little easier.
1. If you have not returned yet to work, try not to do so on Monday, as far as possible. In this way, the more advanced the week, the fewer days will remain for the weekend and you will be able to make a more graduated return.
2. Strive to establish sleep schedules that are more compatible with your working day. Make sure you go to sleep early so that the next morning’s awakening doesn’t make you harder.
3. Incorporate physical exercise activities into your daily life, which will help you de-stress and generate serotonin that will improve your mood.
4. Do not forget your social life completely once you start working. Keep scheduling meeting with friends or family to disconnect some time during the week.
5. It is important to take care of the space where you work and make sure that you maintain a good organizationand you have everything ready for your return to work. Otherwise, picking up the pace of work again can be more difficult.
If you are self-employed and/or work from home, a new space to develop your work activity can help you to return to a less heavy routine. Count on our coworking space or one of our private offices in the center of Badalona to start an easier holiday return.
We are the Business Center of Badalona, to give visibility and possibilities to your business.
In Espai 114 together we are a team; we want to inspire and accompany you.